The Woodlands Hills Photographer | 5 Reasons Why You Should Print/Display Your Portraits
In life, we go through many great milestones that are totally worth documenting. Whether that be an engagement, a wedding, a new baby, or just spending time with your loved ones, it is so important to get these amazing moments captured for you and your family to cherish for a lifetime. Getting a session booked with your photographer is just one step to this – many of us make great memories, only to have the pictures left on our phones or on social media. If you have professional photos taken of you and your family, here are 5 reasons why you should print and display your portraits:
- They are tangible – I can’t count the many times that I have gone to my grandparent’s house and took out that dusty, old album filled with photos of my childhood. Being able to pick up and hold a photo of a heart-warming memory is something that will never get old to me. What’s even better is looking on the back of the photo and seeing a date or a little note that describes when and where the photo was taken. This is an experience that is so valuable, and something I will cherish for the rest of my life!
- They make you proud – Displaying your portraits will remind you how blessed you are to have your loved ones close by. When I look at the photo of my family displayed in my living room, love fills my heart as I see my kids giggling in that pure and candid moment. I love being able to show off how amazing my family is when I have guests over. They never fail to comment on how blessed I am to have such a happy family!
- They show you care – My kids mean the world to me. I love them unconditionally, and I want them to know how much I care about them. Having your portraits displayed reminds your kiddos how much you cherish them. It shows them that they are beautiful to you, no matter what struggles they may be going through!
- They give you hope – Having portraits displayed will help you when you may need a pick-me-up. There are so many times where I was having a bad day, and I looked at the photo of my daughter being tossed in the air by my husband with a huge smile on her face. Looking at that gives me hope that we will have many more days like that in the future. Having something to look forward to is always an easy way to turn a new leaf.
- They make a home – Being at home should be your happy place. Somewhere to relax and get away from the hardships that life throws at us. Sure, decorations bought from a store definitely adds a “homey” feel, but that is nothing compared to having family memories adorning your walls! There is no better way to decorate your home than to hang those beautiful family portraits up.